INSTALLING 64-BIT BIOCONDUCTOR
Bioconductor is a collection of packages useful for analysis of SNP and micro-array data in R. It’s pretty easy, but to use bioconductor on 64-bit, here’s what to do:
1) Open up 64-bit R. The rest assumed your 64-bit library is called “RLib64”
2) R> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
3) R> biocLite(type = "source",lib = "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/RLib64") #this installs 64-bit bioconductor
4) R> biocLite("snpMatrix",type="source",lib = "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/RLib64") #installs a bioconductor package, “snpMatrix”
5) Make SURE that NO 32-bit Bioconductor packages already exist in RLib64. (PS - this is a good reason to keep the two libraries - one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit - distinct).